Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Deli-Style Cucumber Salad

I signed up to be a recipe tester for American's Test Kitchen and they sent me this recipe as my first to try out. I decided it would be perfect for a BBQ and to test it on my family. Colton helped me make it and I loved how easy it was to put together. Everyone loved how this tasted! I thought it tasted like I was eating pickles. I will definitely use this recipe again, especially during the summer.

DELI-STYLE CUCUMBER SALAD

3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
3/4 cup cold water
2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
1 garlic clove, minced
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 cucumbers, sliced thin
1 onion, halved and sliced thin (I used a Vidalia)

Whisk vinegar, water, sugar, salt, dill, garlic, and cayenne together in a large bowl until salt is dissolved. Stir in cucumbers and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days. Serve chilled. 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin