Friday, May 9, 2014

Oreo Popcorn


After a year hiatus, I've decided to return to recipe blogging! What better to start back up again than with a party treat. =)

Every time I host a party or are asked to bring a treat to a party, this is the one I always take with me and it's a HUGE hit. My sister Jill gave me the recipe, and she's a popcorn expert. If you ever want a delicious savory or sweet popcorn recipe, go to her! Anyways, this has probably been my most requested recipe from the past year.

P.S. It's also great for breakfast the next morning. Not that I would know or anything.

OREO POPCORN

  • 2 bags of popped microwave movie theater popcorn (You HAVE to use this kind to balance out the sweet that is added....trust me on this one.)
  • 1 package of Oreos (I like the Double Stuffed ones but really you could use any kind of Oreo. The Birthday Cake Oreos are awesome in this!)
  • 1 package of white chocolate or vanilla chips
First you want to crush up that package of Oreos....either by hand or put into a Ziploc bag and crushed with a rolling pin. Either way works, just depends on how messy you want to get. Put the crushed up Oreos in a large bowl. Add the bags of popped popcorn (be sure to remove the unpopped kernels!). Next you want to melt the bag of white chocolate or vanilla chips. Follow the directions on the bag for that since every brand is different. Last, pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn/Oreo mixture and stir to coat. That's it! 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin